Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Cabin calmness

For once the weekend left me feeling relaxed thanks to a 2 day getaway "off the grid" at the cabin. No phones, no TV, no rushing around just lots of relaxing, exploring and eating. We went on an adventure in the Pike National forest trails and roads around the cabin. I came away learning that if you want to practice riding steep, sketchy gravel trails the cabin is the place to do it. Doug tried his hand at fly fishing and even managed to catch a little trout (although I was making breakfast and did not witness this).


Roughing it on the eating front. Note the airhorn on the table, everyone needs an airhorn, right?

View from the deck

I was only pretending to fish since I don't have a license

Gravel pit trail

Next up this weekend is the Teva Mountain Games Wish me luck as I embark on the Ultimate Mountain Challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment