Tuesday, April 20, 2010

First race of the year

For the past several weeks I've been battling an IT band issue that only hurts when I ride. After taking some time off the bike and getting some serious massage from the "king of massage", Jeff Staron, I needed to test my leg out before going to Xterra Vegas. We ventured to the Front Range Mountain Bike series race #2 in Arvada. Rain, mud and cold was the theme of the day, especially during my race. I had a good start and got to the singletrack in 3rd. I moved up to 2nd quickly and then somehow got what appeared to be a rusty bike spoke tangled in my cassette. After stopping to wrangle the rusty metal out I had dropped back to about 7th. I regained my spot in 2nd after another lap but was never able to catch 1st. For my first race and really my first real effort of the year I was quite pleased. I was not pleased with the rocks and mud flinging in my mouth and the rain smacking me in the face. I think the worst part of the day was that Doug had just cleaned my bike and I was able to ruin all his hard work in about 2 minutes, sorry babe.

Xterra Vegas is in 5 days! Am I ready? Sure, I'm ready to get some sun, have some fun and race as best I can this early in the year. No expectations or pressure for this one, that comes in July and October...

No comments:

Post a Comment