Friday, October 16, 2009

Dear Mrs. Piggy

Ok swine flu, I know you have infected several people in my office and you have me running scared. Please stay away from me for the next 10 days. My hands are raw from many washings and being lathered in hand sanitizer. I even invested in antiviral/antibacterial wipes and wipe down my desk area daily. I'm taking lots of Vitamin C, echinachea and garlic...I hope it all works Mrs. Piggy and you don't come knocking at my door.

I always struggle to stay healthy this time of year for some reason and this year is no exception. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I can make it a few more days without catching anything. I'm feeling ready for Maui and the only thing that would slow me down at this point is being sick.

Last weekend I had some less than ideal Maui prep...a cyclocross race in the snow. I bundled up in an effort to simulate a warmer climate but actually never warmed up much as it was breezy and in the 20's. Good hard effort though that was rewarded with a burger and beer! One more intense run and ride session and then it is rest, rest, rest for me.

2 comments:

  1. okay, i am an idiot. i remembered that you had a blog, but i forgot what it was. now i have you all linked up and i can't wait to check it for your updates. keep up the good racing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, dr. oz says to take probiotics everyday too. i like to take greek yogurt and put a little agave nectar in it.

    ReplyDelete