Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Hand is healed, summer is here

My hand is almost as good as new! I did a local mountain bike race Sunday, well, it was more like an hour long short track, lung and leg busting suffer fest. The hand was great but a little sore by the end because the course was super bumpy. Doug and I both ended up second in our races. We got beat by local legends the Hogans, yes they are older, 45ish, and super fast...they blew us both apart! It felt good to ride hard and beat my legs up again after my early season break I took while healing my hand.

And finally, after a relentless Spring, Summer seems to be here in Boulder! My veggie garden and wildflowers are sprouting, we had to sleep with the window cracked and I even wore shorts one day. I'm looking forward to lots of good Summer adventures...the Firecracker 50, our good friends wedding in Telluride, possibly a mountain bike adventure from Denver to Durango on the Colorado Trail and lots of good local racing! I won't be heading to anymore Xterra Cup races until Beaver Creek...it doesn't make financial sense for me right now. My plan of peaking in late Summer and Fall has proven successful the last two years, so I'm trying not to worry too much that I'm not feeling super fast or fit right now...it will come, especially now that there are races to do every weekend if I want, yeah Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment