Thursday, March 25, 2010

Be kind to yourself

My good friend and teammate Becky posted this on our Melrad team blog http://melrad.com/2010/03/24/meet-my-friends/ and I was left speechless, ok a tear might have even rolled out of my eye. I am known to be pretty hard on myself, perhaps perfectionistic is the correct word. Since becoming unemployed I've struggled to find balance and shift the priorities in my life. It took a friend of mine to shake me from my fog with her amazing words and remind me that I need to be patient and kind to myself. There will be plenty of time in the future for me to have hectic weeks and there is no limit to the things I can do in my career. But for now I need to slow down, have an extra cup of coffee and be kind to myself everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment