Sunday, October 9, 2011

Run, Sara, Run

The last two weekends I took advantage of some local cross country races to take me back to my roots and boost my speed factor. I have such fond memories of high school cross country...running down "potato chip alley" (a path of crunchy leaves), taking cookie breaks at friends houses along our routes and getting stuck in a blizzard on the way to the State meet to name a few. I've come to rely too much on my background of running and always end up neglecting my run training a little. Nothing like a few hard races to get me back on track. Last weekend was the CU Rocky Mountain Shootout where I toed the line with lots of fast college girls. I ended up 27th in a talented field and had the post race hack to remind myself how painful a 23 minute race is. Today, I ran the Coal Creek XC race and 38 minutes proved to be equally painful. I did take the win and came home with a case a beer to ease my aching muscles.

Some photos of my 23 minutes of pain:


No comments:

Post a Comment