Monday, June 28, 2010

2 weekends, 2 podiums

We spent the last two weekends in Winter Park racing on some super fun trails. Two weekends ago was the Hill Climb...5 miles all up hill on the service road. It was my maiden voyage on my new Specialized Era and despite my seat being too high, which lead to incredible leg pain I still pulled off a 3rd place finish. Word to the wise, if you think your seat is too high, it probably is...lower it so you can walk the next day. After getting a quick bike fit during the week from Ryan Ignatz at Colorado Multisport I was ready for another weekend of racing. This past weekend was the Super Loop, an 18 mile race with fun single track, not so fun road sections into a head wind and a good bit of climbing. With my seat at a better height I moved up one step on the podium to 2nd place. Winter Park has such fun trails...it has become my weekend haven (in both Smmer and Winter) and we are saving our pennies to some day have a cabin in the woods there. After the race there was a wine and chocolate festival at the resort that I was excitied to attend but after seeing that tickets were $10 for 10 little tastes it seemed like a waste of money.

This weekend it is the Firecracker 50 in Breckenridge. No I'm not crazy enough to do the whole 50 miles by myself. For the third year Doug and I will be racing as a team and gunning for the win again while our friends drink beer and taunt us. Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment